Tuesday, January 2, 2007

I can do it too: 2006!

Mom and EB made these cool "photo for every month" entries. I figured I'd give it a shot--it is harder than you might think!

1. January:
I returned to Hope College after a summer at home and a semester in Scotland. This was taken at sunset on Lake Michigan (definitely not Sheboygan).
2. February:
A pretty low-key, poorly-photographed month. These are some good friends I spent time with. Yes, those are purposeful fake smiles.

3. March:
This photo of my kitchen makes the list just because I like the picture.

4. April:
These are the girls I lived with, just before we took a Res-Life-sponsored trip to the Melting Pot for dessert :)

5. May:
I went to the beach with Brad & EB (and Carolyn, though we didn't know her name yet!) to take family pictures... this one's my favorite (and I think it made EB's list, too!)

6. June:
Carolyn Ann was born on June 30. She looks so tiny in this picture compared to how big she is now!

7. July:
I spent the summer in Holland, and had a wonderful time getting to know some friends better and actually having time to spend with them!

8. August:
Kristen and I worked together all summer cleaning the library. We filled that library with laughter :)
And this is August, too... I cheated. I had to include my trip to Colorado, where I got to see (and laugh with) my dear friend Ellen :)

9. September:
The semester began and many of my closest friends returned to Holland. Here we are celebrating Jeannette's birthday in our apartment.

10. October:
We took a family trip to Chicago to see Dad run the Marathon. Here's Carolyn, EB, and the train.

11. November:
These are the wonderful girls I lived with! I'm making kind of a funny face, but everyone else looks good. This was taken after Jeannette's senior voice recital.

12. December:
Our apartment hosted a Tacky Christmas Sweater Party. In this picture we're trying to do the "shaky face," but apparently none of us has quite mastered it...

6 comments:

EB said...

FABULOUS! I feel like I can see inside your life. :) I feel honored that we made the list- a couple of times!
Love,
EB

Fasha said...

very good!

Anonymous said...

and how do we know this representation about sheboygan is . . . how do you say in your language . . . accurate?

amberWIRE said...

WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSPHERE!! I am so excited for you! Blogging is a beautiful thing and I think you are already great at it! And hey, I had no idea that you lived with Emily Bennett! We go waaaaay back. Tell her that Amber (Beeson) Cox says hello!

Anonymous said...

To answer Tokyo Nik's question, we must know whether you can read the following quickly, aloud:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Anonymous said...

Check out the following story for more proof that Sheboyganites are shifty (picture claims to show man sitting on dead horse in middle of street--why would anyone do so; how do we know its not sleeping; how do we even know its not a man dressed in a horse suit; I could go on and on)

You decide.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/04/AR2007010401317.html